Analyzing market needs, we created a new generation of rolling stock - the EQUOS family. It enables simple and convenient transport of various types of vehicles, such as civilian trucks (semitrailers) and heavy military vehicles, loaded without lifting devices, in any location with a railroad track or siding. Our wagon with a rotating low-floor platform makes it possible to load and unload semi-trailers on virtually any hardened terrain without the need for intermodal terminals. EQUOS is an innovative solution, the only one of its kind in the world that can revolutionize the rail transport market.
EQUOS WI-40 S
The patented EQUOS technology allows for simple and fast loading and then transporting and unloading of trucks with trailers, without the need to invest in the development of additional infrastructure and expensive terminal equipment.
This innovative project has the potential to improve rail transport. Why?
- The external dimensions of the platform wagon are fully compliant with the GB1 gauge regulations;
- The wagons have the possibility to transport 4 m high semi-trailers;
- Their permissible load capacity is 36 tons and the transport speed is 120 km/h;
- No need to use reloading terminals;
- Durable construction: The rotating node is not subjected to heavy loads, both during the journey and during loading/unloading operations;
FREIGHT WAGON FOR INTERMODAL TRANSPORT WITH ROTATING LOW-FLOOR PLATFORM
The EQUOS wagon is an innovative solution, the only one of its kind in the world that can revolutionize the rail transport market. We are the owner of a license (exclusive in the Republic of Poland and abroad) for a patented technology of an intermodal wagon, developed by specialists from the Department of Mechanical and Applied Computer Science of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Military University of Technology. Work on the construction of the wagons has been conducted since 2008. They resulted in patent applications:
- EP2388173 Railway wagon with a rotatable loading floor;
- EP2532562 Railway wagon with a mechanism for rotating and blocking a loading floor of a railway wagon for combined transportation;
- PAT216416 Railway wagon with rotating loading platform;
- PAT219643 Rotation and locking mechanism
- platforms of a railroad wagon body for combined transport
RANGE OF PRODUCTS AND APPLICATIONS
EQUOS enables easy transport of various types of vehicles, such as semi-trailers, tractors, trailers, containers and tanks.
The EQUOS family consists of six types of WI intermodal wagons:
1. Wagon WI 40 - basic, with two bogies, with a transport speed of 120 km/h;
2. Wagon WI 80 - extendable, with three bogies, with a transport speed of 120 km/h;
3. Wagon WI 40 S - basic version, modified for transport of special and oversized vehicles;
4. Wagon WI 40 I - basic version, modified for transport speed over 120 km/h;
5. Wagon WI 80 I - extended version, modified for transport speed over 120 km/h;
6. Wagon WI 40 S I - version designed for transport of special and oversized vehicles, modified for transport speed above 120 km/h.
Our technology is the most effective solution to the logistical problems of the future and is fully compliant with European legislation.